Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: RoF pickup game @ Burton  (Read 93 times)

Lurkio

• Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Lurkio
RoF pickup game @ Burton
« on: December 01, 2017, 08:15:02 AM »
Sean came down from Stoke for a bit of club cross pollination. We played RoF. We all were a bit rusty , but it was all good fun. Ray and Richard were the dour Parlimentarians and tried to bully the Kings forces (Sean and I) with an audacious cavalry charge to prempt the Royalists. Parliament were in defense , and had done rather well in the pre-battle. So it was looking tough. However with God on their side the Royalist horse drove the Roundheads off. Of course there was the buttock clenching roll to see if the cavalry broke and left the table - which of course it did. The Cavaliers spent half the game looting the camp, while 1 brave until returned to the field to raid some artillery pieces in the back field. The Kings foot made great progress initially virtually destroying 2 regiments of foot. However this overextended the Royalists and Parliament did claw back some ground.

Rusty rules and pre game chat meant we called it 1 turn early, but the game came out as a draw.

Many thanks to Sean for coming down. Great fun!

For our games we upscale to a 6x4 - with an 8" grid. Each regiment is 6 bases of 40mmx20mm (WRG basing)

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
Re: RoF pickup game @ Burton
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 08:26:49 AM »
Nice write up Simon. The table looked great. I think it was Rich that said it actually looked like a ECW battle!

Now I have broken my duck and know how long it takes to get to you I may look to make demo regular appearances if that's ok.

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: RoF pickup game @ Burton
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 02:31:09 PM »
That looks 4 x better!!!

Leman

• Supporter 2017
  • Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile