Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rusty on the rules!  (Read 105 times)

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
Rusty on the rules!
« on: November 05, 2017, 08:00:05 PM »
The CWB day was a great day of gaming in the right spirit with lots of laughs and giggles with a bunch of great lads. It was some time since I last played and this was a theme through the day with others also being a bit rusty.

It seemed at times that we all playing different variants of the same game. Some common rules that we got wrong...this is just from my games!

1. Disordered troops only hit on 6. This isn't anywhere in the rules that I can find. Disordered causes the loss of 2AP and that's it.
2. Second rank rounds up when counting which bases that can shoot. You actually round down, so one base in the second rank can not fire.
3. Removal of low on ammo is just a D6 roll of 4,5,6. Actually, the unit has to also remain stationary for the turn.
4. Units arriving in any formation and in any sector rather than a 1 or 2 base column and only in their own sector.

NONE of these spoilt the games which were all great fun.  I'm sure there were other bits we got wrong. I suspect it was people mixing up other rule sets. Still one of my favorite games  :D

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Rusty on the rules!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 10:12:01 PM »
Wow!I honestly did not know any of that.  What about the "formation changes must revolve around the flag/command base"?

Yes, still great fun!!!

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
Re: Rusty on the rules!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 10:23:22 PM »
Martin,

Can't find any reference. Maybe Miles can help.

To be honest so long as the game is played in the right spirit nine of it matters as you just come to a friendly agreement aboutnwhat is right.

I doubt any game gets played without the odd rules cock up. Civil War Battles is now a 'classic' I think??!!