Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Project Suggestion...  (Read 1608 times)

Jonnyboy

• Piglet
    • View Profile
Re: New Project Suggestion...
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2017, 06:17:23 PM »
US Mexican war is I think pretty intensively covered by Blue Moon Minis with an extensive range, so it would be a large undertaking for Peter Pig against a range for a niche market already covered. Likewise the Grand Alliance/ Sedgemoor range, however both would be superb with PP sculpts. Any other suggestions?

With the oncoming revamp/ expansion of the Spanish Civil War, I was wondering if this could be expanded to cover packs for "Very British Civil War" and the "Chaco War" as so much of the neccassary kit can be sourced from the WW1, WW2 and SCW ranges allready.

Cheers all

alang

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 11:19:55 AM »
Just saw this thread.  Belated support for the Jacobite Rebellion.  Already have lots of the ECW period Highlanders  and the self interested and parochial nature of the forces and commanders involved (along with the plain inept) make this a period that would benefit from say the Washingtons Wars model of rules and a campaign as in ROF with its local distractions and garrisoning requirements.   Regards Alan

sjwalker51

• Piglet
    • View Profile
Re: New Project Suggestion...JACOBITES
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2017, 07:03:39 PM »
So, Martin, what's the chances of this becoming a reality, do you think?

I've been reading Duffy's "Fight for a Throne - the Jacobite '45 Reconsidered" and it's really caught my imagination. Old Glory did an excellent 2-book gamers' guide full of detailed orbats and some scenarios for inspiration.

Shouldn't need to be such a large range, though several different packs of charging clansmen would be good. There really isn't a good 15mm alternative available, and, while I know little about sculpting, I'm sure it would be possible to adapt figures and poses from existing ranges, such as ECW and AWI

Go on..go on...go on.

pbeccas

• Supporter 2017
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2017, 04:27:35 AM »
I would like to see a simple version of PBI.  For simple minds like mine.

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2017
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2017, 05:54:38 PM »
In the new version , there is a quick start system for a simple game

pbeccas

• Supporter 2017
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2017, 03:35:16 AM »
The quick start system is still very confusing.   

Mike6t3

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2017, 08:23:00 PM »
Another vote for Jacobite rebellion.. :)

sjwalker51

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2017, 10:57:26 PM »
If it helps to push the figure range higher up the 'to do' list, there's going to be a '45 supplement for the 'Sharp Practice' rules released later this summer.

Means I'm going to need at least 400 assorted clansmen in the near future, for starters. Now, where can I get a big tin of tartan paint?

Leman

• Supporter 2017
  • Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2017, 11:59:15 AM »
And there is also a '45 supplement on the Honours of War forum.

Mike6t3

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2017, 05:01:06 PM »
For '45 inspiration take a look at Outlander on More 4 Thursday nights. Redcoats and Highlanders  :) :) .... Perfect for a 15mm range  :D

Duncan

• Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2017, 03:58:50 PM »
How about some sci-fi/steam punk/Martian style spindly walkers to take on the ACW era naval range you have or even the pirate ships range? I know that sci-fi is not something you are into in a big way but you would have half the range already and the addition of half a dozen walkers would do it. Even just a couple of basic designs with a range of add on arms/manipulators/weapons/guns etc.

Steam punk is an in thing at the moment as well!

Easy for you to achieve and fun to play!

I'll buy them! Please!😁

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2017, 06:05:44 PM »
Nice idea Duncan, agreed.  Problem is that i have about 12 months work awaiting ,e! It is nice to be busy of course!

Duncan

• Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2017, 10:13:36 AM »
OK, maybe a more relevant one?

With the Western stuff, how about a Stagecoach and even a coach way station for changing of horses. Could make for some interesting scenarios?

Dan30

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2017, 01:13:11 AM »
I've always thought that 100 Years War would be right up Peter Pigs alley, between the Dark Age and WOTR ranges.

You wouldn't need too many different poses for the basic armies but I could see it developing into a larger range down the road for completeness sake.

I would think many of the figures could use the dollies from the WOTR range so hopefully wouldn't be as difficult or time consuming as sculpting from scratch.

sjwalker51

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2017, 07:24:17 PM »
So, Martin, what do you think? 1745 Jacobite Rebellion for 2018 or not?

Please don't think me provocative! It's just that Oct-Dec usually marks my planning stage for next year's big project: Knowing what you had in mind as priorities for next year would be really helpful - if rules and a 20-30 pack range covering the '45 have caught your imagination, that would be great, but if you have other things in mind, I'm sure I can wait a while longer for the definitive range of 15mm Highlanders (I've looked, it doesn't exist right now!)

Front runners for next year in the absence of such a range are likely to be the Mex-Am War (Eureka 18mm), Zulu War (Blue Moon and Old Glory) or ACW (PP 15mm, of course) - but I really want to paint some tartan! :-)