Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PBI competition 2017  (Read 1685 times)

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2017
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
PBI competition 2017
« on: November 19, 2016, 06:40:08 PM »
I want to book up next years competition as soon as I can, as it is held at Entoyment Wargames shop. Other things happen on a Saturday so I am proposing Saturday 3rd or 10 th June. A lot of the usual "local" boys have soon an interest and are happy with either date. I am awaiting to hear from SELWG at the moment?
So I need your feedback ASAP please

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: PBI competition 2017
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 11:56:51 AM »
I am looking forward to it Miles.  i will be there!!!

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 08:52:47 PM »
Me too. Name the date I will ensure I'm off.

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2017
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 04:30:27 AM »
I am thinking more June 10th. I will pop into Entoyment on Friday on my way down to Weymouth. I can see what is going that time of the year, I also will give Chris McNeil a ring beforehand and see what sort of things SELWG are up to.
Then hopefully we can get it sorted and start discussing over the weekend what we want in the competition next year.

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2017
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 11:06:21 AM »
OK,  now we are in 2017. Can I start having names for June 10th PBI competition please. It will be at Enjoy mentioned shop somewhere in Poole, as the shop should be moving to new premises later this year. I will keep people informed on this.

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2017
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 04:06:37 PM »
I agree Sean difficult decisions!!

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2017
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 08:38:33 PM »
Well I put this up first in mid November and we had the piggy weekend, I made it clear what I wanted to do . And now you say .......
I said after the event in July what my rough intentions were . As it is a shop that does a lot of wargaming events I have to book early on,otherwise the Saturdays have disappeared and then it's July, August,  Piggy weekend and Xmas, year gone !!!!!
As I always say talk to me.

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 09:47:21 PM »
10th is fine for me Miles.  Short trip from weymouth!

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2017
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 01:39:22 PM »
Hello All.
I had a discussion with Stewart earlier this week about the PBI competition. As I set a date for June this year. I ve had a reasonable response from the "usual local participation" but nothing from Further afield mainly SELWG.
So I need to know between now and Salute if people want to play in the competition and when would be a good time to have it ? I know that there are other gaming competitions some people want to go to, so tell me a good time that doesn't clash ? I am happy to set these days to a date that most people will participate? Without YOU !!!! It cannot take place !!!!!!!
I now have access to a good venue, being Entoyment shop in Parkstone. As Peter there does like to promote local wargaming, and we don't have that we have to get out by....
Now wether we go for more themed gaming days ? But this can limit certain people, as some of us only have 1 or 2 armies to play with.
Then how many games we play in a day 2 or 3 ? Have a Brunch or a Lunch in between ?  This is easier a bit now as we are not on quite a tight day schedule at the shop
So please give me some feed back ? I am happy to arrange game days if people want it to happen? But I need feedback and people to play. To make these days successful you need 10-12 participants on average and from different areas if possible otherwise we can play these at normal club days.
So please I need to know where we stand by the end of April. Do you want these "Competition" days ? Dates ? And maybe themes ? How many games ?

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2017
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 10:09:20 AM »
Went down to play the new SCW game with Martin this weekend, good game, I lost but ha ho.
We did talk about PBI day. "Down with the Reich" is going to be the theme. Germans(axis forces) versus the rest ! (I have late war British if I play)
Now we can have 8 players, but many more are welcomed.(SELWG?) Price will be 6 each. 2 games and lunch, 3 games if people are quick enough, this might give you bonus points ????
Venue: will be Entoyment shop, which by the time we organise this properly would have moved. Peter is hoping to moved late May into June this year. The new venue will have a upstairs playing area. So I ve been informed.
September has been mentioned but obviously not COLOURS weekend before anyone says !!!!!!!!
Believe it or not I do look at the events calendars and try and set these days so they don't clash at least locally when possible..... so any weekend that anyone fancy ? Saturday is the preferred day unless people want it on a Sunday ?
I will give until Salute weekend for suggestions, as it gives us time to speak to (SELWG) boys to see if they want to join in ????? Then we will firm up a date and get things organised.
Please give me feedback on this ??????
I organise this competition for YOU to play and contribute in !!!!!!!
Miles

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2017
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 10:34:13 AM »
Thanks Miles, any day is good as long as I am not booked tomwork

madaxeman

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 12:00:40 PM »
10th works for me

madaxeman

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 02:39:41 PM »
Am I right in guessing this isn't going to happen ..?

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2017
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2017, 03:57:25 PM »
Unfortunately as far as we know this is no longer on.

Miles can yo please comment?

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2017, 09:08:20 PM »
When I spoke with Miles on Saturday he was all for it although I know the SELWG lads have declined. I'm def8nately interested. Last I heard 24th September was the date.....